Tuesday, January 02, 2007

SHRAPNEL

1. Mike Judge's hilarious satire Idiocracy is set 500 years in a future which might as well be next week.
2. Can't wait to get to advanced in the group djembe class.
3. Time running out before the Vista nightmare is everywhere upon us.
4. Real highlight of 2006 was seeing the chimps at MonkeyWorld near Exeter.
5. Find someone who'll go with me to my dream destination: Rapa Nui.
6. Take all these new ideas and some more steps outside the musical comfort zone.
7. Is it embarrassing for a so-called asceticist to be in love with the new Vaio laptop I just saw at the Sony Centre?
8. Back to the final mixing for Racket - it's feeling like a rebirth.

2 comments:

John McAndrew said...

Funny you mention Rapa Nui - my friend is also obsessing over visiting there maybe next year with plans of making a documentary film about the place and his experiences. Tickets there are over £1000 though - but in my mind that's an almost pitiful amount for what would be a unique experience. If I get any more news about it I'll be sure to let you know.

William Bennett said...

please do, John! it's been a caprice of mine since I was a toddler - see the bizarre and extraordinary film 'Soleils de l'Ile de Pâques', if you get the chance