Wednesday, March 26, 2008

NONSTANDARD DEVIANCE

One of most fascinating museums in the world is La Collection de l'Art Brut in Lausanne. On a warm sunny morning off during a festival I was attending there in that beautiful Swiss city, I came upon the museum by chance after a typically meandering walk - isn't it funny how some of your best discoveries are improvisational?

Anyway, they are having an exhibition this year of Japanese Art Brut and my wonderful friend there, Djamileh, kindly sent me the accompanying book which is packed full of amazing works. If you can read French or Japanese, or indeed have a chance to visit the museum, then it's really worth checking out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've vistited the Japanese expo two weeks ago... Yuji Tsuji blew my mid, incredibly detailed b&w urban landscapes... highly recommended.

Here's the link > http://www.artbrut.ch/index9e6f.html